Babylon Triage Product Information
Last updated 23 February 2022
ID/Version: TR.DES.2616_v1.0 (EN_UK)
Intended Outcome Limits
Triage has the following limits to its intended outcomes:
- The system is not intended to be a replacement for a medical diagnosis.
- The system provides information on suitable healthcare services for the user based on the medical concerns and information they enter.
- The system provides information about medical conditions which may be the underlying cause of the presented medical concerns and information.
- Users are expected to use their own judgment and should not rely only on the information provided to inform the actions they take.
- The system is not intended as a diagnostic or triage aid to healthcare professionals, nor a replacement of healthcare professionals.
- The triage system outcomes in some instances refer to specific conditions that can be generalised to the patient’s concerns and information. This is not intended as tailored advice, rather an explanation to the user why they may have been given a specific triage suggestion.
- The triage system outcomes that are accompanied by a list of conditions will also carry further information about these conditions, in some cases explaining how these individual conditions are treated – this is not treatment advice for the user, but supplementary generic information which is not specific to the user or the medical concerns and information entered.
There are a few contraindications that apply to Triage:
- It is not intended to be used by a person below the age of 16.
- It is not intended to be used by a person whose gender identity does not match their sex assigned at birth.
- It does not address all primary health conditions, dermatological and mental health conditions.
- It is not intended to be used for the triage of symptoms of serious or life-threatening emergencies or trauma.
- It is not suitable if the user has the following symptoms or is at all concerned:
- Severe, heavy or crushing chest pain, which may move to jaw, neck, arm, or back, or be associated with sweating, shortness of breath or nausea.
- Signs of a stroke, which may include facial weakness, inability to hold both arms up, or difficulty speaking.
- Severe breathing problems.
The Triage application presents significant clinical benefits in the form of fast, accurate, and trustworthy medical triage advice by providing information about where the medical concerns and information entered might need to be treated and/or possible causes for what a user entered (and their associated likelihoods).
(not supplied with the product)
Android / iOS device (phone; tablet)
|Internet access required:||Yes|
|Minimum OS requirement|
Android: OS version 5 (API 21)
|Min. screen resolution||640px × 1136px|
|Supported Language(s) in the EEA||en-GB|
|Therapeutic coverage||400+ primary care conditions|
|Symbols||Meaning of symbols|
|CE Marking indicates that the product complies with Council Directive 93/42/EEC.|
|Medical device manufacturer’s name and address.|
|Medical device date of manufacture.|
|Authorized representative’s name and address in the European Community.|
|The product is a medical device.|