At-Home Testing You Can Trust
Democratizing Healthcare ™
Our strategy is to combine the most authoritative and inexpensive in-home test kits with the largest real-time network of certified remote proctors.
As our initial offering, we architected the first at-home, digital point of care Covid-19 test in 2020. Our Test-to-Treat ™ technology shortens the time it takes to get healthy by giving you verified test results and access to treatment within minutes, from anywhere. In the past year alone, we have provided tens of millions of virtually-proctored at-home COVID-19 tests to consumers, businesses and governments. Millions of eMed traveling customers have used our CDC-accepted testing solution for re-entry into the United States from over 200 countries.
To deliver our mission, eMed will continue to break new ground in affordability, access, security, and reliability using our secure exam proctoring and identification verification. We will expand our partnerships globally and address the broadest range of in-home testable illnesses.
While the company is currently focused on the global COVID-19 pandemic, it will expand its technology to other use cases and common illnesses to make healthcare more accessible and affordable for both consumers and enterprises alike.
Chief Executive Officer
Helene D. Gayle, MD, MPH
- President and CEO of The Chicago Community Trust
- Former President and CEO of CARE
- Directed the HIV, TB, and Reproductive Health Program at the Gates Foundation
- Retired Assistant Surgeon General US Public Health Service
- 20 year career with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
In the news
Patrice Harris, MD, MA
CO-FOUNDER AND CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
- 25+ years of private practice in Adult, Child, Adolescent and Forensic Psychiatry
- Visiting Professor, Columbia University
- Former President, American Medical Association (AMA)
- Former Chief Health Officer, Fulton County, Georgia
In the news
Mitch Morris, MD
- CEO, Optum Advisory Services, UnitedHealth Group
- Vice Chairman, Global Industry Leader, Life Sciences and Healthcare, Deloitte
- Chief Information Officer, Senior Vice President, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Professor Gynecologic Oncology and Health Services Research, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center
- Professor (adjunct), School of Biomedical Informatics, UT Health, Houston
CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER
- Managing Director at Madison Dearborn Partners, $23 billion private equity firm
- Successful investment track record over many years in Tech Services and Health Care
- Member or Observer on 15 corporate boards
- Healthcare investment experience at leading firms, including Bear, Stearns & Co. Inc.
Chief Growth Officer
- Chief Growth Officer, Halo Health
- Global VP of Partnerships and Business Development, IBM Watson Health
- VP, IBM Watson Health Imaging
- Chief Sales and Marketing Officer, Merge Healthcare
Michael Mina, MD, PhD
Chief Science Officer
- Former Associate Professor of Epidemiology, Immunology, and Infectious Disease at Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Core faculty member of the Center for Communicable Disease Dynamics (CDCC)Associate Medical Director in Clinical Pathology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, in the Harvard Medical School
- Leading voice on rapid testing during COVID-19 pandemic
- The best way to use rapid COVID tests — if you can find them
- Rapid Tests Are the Answer to Living With Covid-19
- 'Trying to catch every case': Are cheap home COVID-19 tests the delta antidote?
- Michael Mina: Why do we still need rapid tests?
Sam Miller, PhD
President, eMed Labs
- Engineer, National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- Co-founder and VP, Magic Leap
- Innovation and advanced technology leader with 50+ patents and many first-to-market technologies
Chief Policy Advisor
- Founder and Executive Director, Georgetown University Beeck Center for Social Impact and Innovation
- National Policy Director, Pete for America Presidential Campaign
- Director, White House Office of Social Innovation and Civic Participation
- Senior Advisor, United States Department of the Treasury